“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”
- Dress: Snowpaws – Soyeux Mesh Cocktail Dress – NEW
- Hair: Clawtooth – Hang it up
- Shoes: ieQED – Rose Sandal
- Earrings: Donna Flora – Pasqualina Earrings
- Makeups: Mock Apple Blossom Pink Glace Lipcolor, ItGirls – Eyeshadow
“I think best in a hot bath, with my head tilted back and my feet up high.”
~ Elizabeth Jane Howard
LEEZU FIND THE MODEL HUNT
June 7th – June 21st
Models love to be photographed and the models at LeeZu are no exception. Our models have taken photos of themselves wearing some of their favorite LeeZu outfits. We have placed the photos around the store for you to find. When you find a photo,write down the name of the model on the photo and list AT LEAST ONE ITEM from LeeZu that the model is wearing. You don’t have to list everything they are wearing. Just identify one item on each model. When you have found ALL TEN photos and completed your notecard, name your notecard “LeeZu Model Contest – Your Name” and send it to Barbara Nicholls. It’s that easy.
We placed a photo of Barbara Nicholls somewhere in the store as well. When you find that, click on it. IF YOU ARE A GROUP MEMBER, wear your group tag and you can buy [LeeZu!] Amour Serpent Set for 0 L.$. when you click on Barbara’s photo. You must wear the group tag to receive this gift.
All correct entries will go into a drawing and at the end of the contest, a grand prize winner will be chosen randomly from the entries. The winning entry will receive Three Fatpacks of their choosing from anything in the store.
Have fun and be sure to tell your friends so they can get in on the action too!
- Skirt: LeeZu – Cora Mini Ruffle Skirt [Royal] NEW @ FFL through 6/21
- Hair: Clawtooth – Hang it up
- Hands and Feet: SLink
Fashion For Life has begun and if you’re unaware of what that is, it’s a fashion event that works to support the Second Life Relay For Life campaign for the American Cancer Society. If you would like more information on the event schedule, please visit their website.
I don’t really go too entirely much into my real life that often, but this charity is something that means a great deal to me. I think we’ve all lost someone to this horrible disease at some point in our lives. Me? I’ve lost a very dear friend, my grandmother, and an aunt. But *knock on wood* I have another aunt from the same family still fighting like a girl to kick cancer’s butt. So please, won’t you help us to fight back and hopefully, some day, rid the world of cancer? By attending FFL, you have the opportunity to purchase designs from some of the best across the grid and the proceeds go to American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life.
I mentioned in an earlier post how versatile the new Vanity Hair Curly Gurly is and when I pulled out the new Bon Bon Long Dress by LeeZu, created for FFL, I couldn’t resist putting the two together just to show you. I hope you have a lovely day today! It’s Monday, I know, but just pretend like it isn’t.
- Outfit: LeeZu – Bon Bon Long Dress for FFL NEW
- Hair: Vanity Hair – Curly Gurly [Light Brown] NEW
- Bracelets: Lazuri – Fall Romance
- Makeups: Deesses – Shanina – eyeshadow 10, Glance – Sigrid – Eyeshadow 01, Tuli – lips Apricot
It’s been a while, I know, don’t hate me. But the real life has been quite hectic as of late and with summer in full swing, it’s difficult to sit inside all day.
This past week brought us new releases from both Vanity Hair and GizzA and I thought I’d take a moment to show them to you today. First up from Vanity Hair, this super fun and curly mesh hair style with head band, Curly Gurly. This hair is so versatile you can wear it with almost anything. And out of the new releases from GizzA this week, I felt the Sport Life set would work rather nicely.
I hope you all have a wonderful day today. Get outside while you can and enjoy the sunshine! Breathe some fresh air! It’s going to be a pretty one.
- Outfit: GizzA – Sport Life [Soil] Includes mesh tank, pants, sneakers, and sweater NEW
- Hair: Vanity Hair – Curly Gurly [Dark Browns] NEW
- Makeup: Mock – The Great Neutraliser
There is so much newness about, you really must not dally around and let them all get away from you! Today I have some awesome newness to show you, beginning with Keep It Quiet, by Vanity Hair. I simply love the retro feel of this updo and it gives a playful twist to any look you want to create.
The Couturier’s Docks is well under way and while I was there I grabbed this awesome jumpsuit, Res Gestae, by h.m.a.e.m. The contrast of the stripes and solids is amazing and definitely fun to wear. And paired with AD Creations glasses, Look at me, (also available at TCD) the look is complete!
- Hair: Vanity Hair – Keep It Quiet NEW
- Outfit: h.m.a.e.m. – Res Gestae NEW @ TCD
- Glasses: AD Creations – Look at me NEW @ TCD
- Shoes: MODA – Becah Belted Heels
- Ring: Yummy – Caprice Ring
- Lipstick: Oceane Body Designs – Jade lips Black Silver stripe
… should be like a barbed wire fence; serving its purpose without obstructing the view.
~ Sophia Loren
New releases are in abundance this week and Snowpaws is no exception. Take a look at this sensual gown, Licou. Every girl needs a back baring dress with a daring neckline.
Licou Halter Dress by Snowpaws
- Outfit: Snowpaws – Licou Etched Halter Dress NEW
- Hair: EMO-tions – Pria NEW
- Shoes: Slink
- Makeup: Mock – Basically Silver and Chelsea full makeup
The Couturier’s Docks is open with another round of amazing items from some of the best designers on the grid. You don’t want to miss out on the limited quantity, limited pricing items available at this months event. Just one being this beautiful gown from Living Imagination, ‘Here Comes….‘.
While you’re out and about hitting all of the monthly events, you might want to stop by L’accessories as well. This month’s round is sure to please with items like the great hat I’m wearing above, Glimpse Fascinator by Aesthetica.
Hope you have a great hump day!
Outfit: Living Imagination – Here Comes…. NEW @ TCD
Hat: Aesthetica – Glimpse Fascinator NEW @ L’accessories
Hair: Vanity Hair – Delicate
Makeup: Pink Fuel – Metallic Lipsticks Red
This past weekend I had the opportunity of walking the Passing the Torch show for Relay For Life. This show was unlike any other show I’d participated in for one reason. It gave teachers and students of SL modeling an opportunity for each to express their feelings about what they do and most importantly, to say thank you. There are so many people whom had a part in my becoming an SL model, some small and some very large. Without those people, I’d not be here today as a virtual model, and possibly not even blogging. I was so excited about the outfits I wore for the show, I wanted to share them with you.
“The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called ‘truth’.” ~Dan Rather
“Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.” ~Og Mandino
Throughout our lives we are touched by people who take the time to show us something new, teach us a different way, ignite excitement, and even kick us in the tush when we need it. Take a moment to say thank you to those people whom have touched your life today. Those two words are so simple and easy to say and they mean the world to those who receive them.
- Outfit: Tres Beau – Kenz
- Hair: Dura – DuraBoy27
- Shoes: MODA – Becah Belted Heels
- Bag: Inside Lab – Studded Flat Clutch Candy
- Accessories: Maxi Gossamer – Earrings – Paris Weekend, Miel – Hipster Peepers – candy gloss, MishMish – Poodle Pet – Rose
- Makeups: Deesses – Shanina – eyeshadow 1, CheLLe – Mix and Match eyeshadow Inner – Pink, Essences – Hangover Lipstick 04
- Outfit: Tres Beau – Morocco
- Hair: BooN – SEL740
- Shoes: Slink – Classic Pointed Pumps Tan
- Bag: Hypnose – Bag Gucci Canelle
- Accessories: Enfant Terrible – Vintage Girl Rings, Zenith – Azure Teal Stone Earrings and Necklace, EarthStones – Neisha Bracelet, LaGyo – Misaku Headpiece
- Makeups: Mock – Exotica Eyeliner, Modish – GaLa Lipstick SetD-15, Glance – Sigrid June – Eyeshadow 08
- Outfit: Tres Beau – Passing The Torch RFL 2014 (One lucky bidder won this gown with the proceeds going to RFL)
- Hair: BooN – HYA209 hair with BooN – cornrows mesh hairbase and Discord – Urchin Hairbase
- Shoes: L.Warwick – Aurora -Platform Heels
- Accessories: Lazuri – Fall Romance Bracelets and Earrings, LaGyo – Bizarre Flower headpiece, Zenith – Farewell My Concubine Ring
- Makeup: MUA – MakeUp Set – Butterfly Eyes, Modish – GaLa Lipstick SetD-14, Miamai – Catwalk Lashes Fantasia Brown Butterfly
Do you remember the game we played as children? It began with a whisper into someone’s ear and was continued from friend to friend until it made its way all around the circle. Those whispered words never came back the way they began. It was funny to see how things would be twisted and borked. But as adults, it’s not so funny. It’s been said numerous times in the 6+ years I’ve been in SL that what we write can be misconstrued at times. The feeling and intention behind the words written are often lost in the interpretation. And when whispered from one person to another, that almost always is the case. Add to that the various cultures and languages, and there’s sure to be a disaster at some point. The sad thing is, there are people out there who thrive on causing issues between others. And sadder still, simply asking the person in question, could solve a problem before it even becomes blown enormously out of proportion.
As carefully as I try to weigh and measure my words before hitting enter, I know that I’ve unintentionally hurt others with the words I’ve written at times. I’m human, I make mistakes. All I can do is apologize for the misunderstanding when it occurs. But I can only do that if I know about the problem.
I hope you all have a wonderful day today. Take a moment to hug a friend, you might just make someone’s day a bit better than it began. And be careful with that telephone game, it almost always comes back to bite you in the butt.
Gilded means to cover or highlight something with gold and that’s exactly what Carrie Snowpaw, owner and designer of Snowpaws, did with her new release, Courtesan. You can get this femininely saucy dress in Peacock, Flamingo, and what I’m wearing for you today, Goldfinch. I love the vintage feel of this dress, from the scalloped trim of the neck and shoulders to the asymmetrical lines of the skirt and fringe.
“I want you to want me the way I want you. I want you to come to me and tell me that. Then I want you to show me it’s true.”
~ Anna Campbell, Claiming the Courtesan
Friday’s almost here and if you’re like me, you’re eager to get ready for the weekend! But until then, I hope you have a wonderful day today!